Hunter Christian School, near the heart of Newcastle, is a caring Christian co-education school where every young person is known and noticed and no student is left behind.
We are Christian: Our teaching programs, staffing and governance reflect our Christian standpoint. Anyone employed by Hunter Christian School is an evangelical Christian who is involved in a local church.
We believe in pursuing excellence in critical thinking to cultivate wise understanding in each of our students. We do this through nuturing the God-given gifts and abilities of each student, inspiring them to learn and creating opportunities for their gifts to be developed.
We are a caring community. We are committed to maintaining a culture where we seek to know each student well. We pursue this commitment through providing:
- Safety - where expectations are clearly communicated
- Care - where our students are understood well enough for us to be able to respond to their needs and
- Love - where we focus on what is best for the student from a godly perspective.
We are a community that firmly believes in empowering the younger generation to be successful in life. Each student is valued for their unique God-given talents and abilities and encouraged to reach their full potential.
Hunter Christian School develops confident students who are positioned for significance, to make a difference in their world; whether they choose university, a business career, raising a family, mission work or leadership in the community or church.
From Prep to Year 12, our students benefit from:
- excellent academic results for NAPLAN and HSC
- a proven track record of individual improvement
- dedicated and skilled teachers who genuinely care
- innovative technologies and teaching methods based on over 30 years experience
- modern facilities and well-equipped specialty classrooms
- ground-breaking Activity and Motion physical activity program for middle school
- a positive and encouraging learning environment that ensures that every young person is known and noticed and no student is left behind.
With missions adventures and citizenship programs designed for training future leaders, our aim is to equip our students to make a difference in their world, with character, integrity, commitment and perseverance.
Almost every week, we receive positive feedback from visitors to our school and the broader community about how happy, relaxed and well behaved our students are.
Visitors can really feel the difference when they walk into our school.